CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Daddy Day Care, anyone?

So my dad will be out here in a little over a week. He is coming out the weekend after Labor Day to "avoid" the rush of the people at the airports and all that jazz. And next week lil Shivani will be 4 weeks old! A month!

I can't believe it's been a month, some days it feels longer than that, other days it feels like the month just rushed by (especially when I look at all the school work I have to do)

In Indian tradition we do a ceremony that is called the "28 day naming ceremony". What that consists of is putting gold jewelry on the child and her dad will say her name 3 times in her ear, while covering the other ear, so that she recognizes her name. At least that's the way I understood it. And then we celebrate by eating some good home-cooked Indian food. At least that's what we are going to do. I promise pictures will be up here as soon as my Dad gets here and we can do the ceremony for her.

I am so blessed to have my parents. I hope they know that.

To all our friends/family in New Orleans, please let us know if there is anything you need. I can't imagine how bad the damage is, but all that can be rebuilt one day, please stay safe!

0 comments: